Monday, June 28, 2010

The wine of your presence


Walking along the sea shore, I came across many a column
They looked breathtaking in the setting sun

I was seeking you of course
I had gone off course

The beautiful palace has now crumbled
These ruins to me a person reminded

None other than me was that person
I was like those ruins in the setting sun

The ruins were bereft of the beauty of the palace
I was bereft of the beauty of your presence

When I was roaming with thirst once
You made me drunk by the wine of your presence

Your remembrance makes me drunk
And yet I am thirsty and need more to drink

This thirst cannot be quenched
Until you can be reached


It is already night and ahead I cannot see
Until morning by the ruins I must lie

Somewhere I can see in the distance
Proof of your presence

For see the stars and the moon light
Pales in comparison to your presence bright

When I see you the ruins disappear
Only a beautiful palace does appear

No comments:

Post a Comment

At the barber shop

 My barber is really really clever! He has found an excellent way to minimise his work. He plays Cheesy Telugu movies, that makes one feel l...