Sunday, June 27, 2010

At night


At night out comes the king of the jungle
With the cool night air and the stars to mingle

He smells prey and utters an earth shattering roar
Only to feel pain in the form of a spear

This was followed by another spear
Bloodied I ran for my life dear

I nursed my wounds near the river
Away from the owner of the cowardly spear

Hallaj met a similar fate on the pyre
Speaking truth has consequences dire

I seek you in the city with huge walls
I can see the light from the hills

The moat is full of crocodiles hungry
There is no way in and I am angry

Am I to find you only there?
Are you not to be found elsewhere?

I seek you in flowers different
I seek you in every element

All my hunters fled
the river washed my blood

Until the wounds disappear
I will not in the night appear

To hunt for you is but my life
Getting hurt is a part of that strife

I came as the cheetah,tiger and lion
To eat tasty venison

In your pursuit I walk on grass and thorn
It hurts only the heart and makes me forlorn

I can only keep the hope to meet
Then there will be only your presence so sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fear

Why pray, do you fear?  Why do your limbs shudder?  Do you fear losing something or someone? Do you fear temporal and spatial se...