Sunday, June 6, 2010

The source of your beauty


When I saw you I stood transfixed
The feelings withing me were mixed

I was feeling thrilled
At the same time I felt worried

By my good fortune it was
A few brief meetings came to pass

I kept contemplating all day on thee
Morning, noon and night you were before me

You had become my beloved
This was what in my mind I conceived

However, try as hard as i might
When I saw you, my eyes would be shut tight

To breathe would be an effort
You would be like an enemy outside my fort

Futile for this to continue it seemed
My desires all seemed to be doomed

What is it that I like in thee?
How did you do this to me?

What is it in you that I seek?
What is it that makes me weak?

This I searched all around me
What is it that is within thee

Only to find that what is within thee
Is also what is within me

Where are you, but inside me
Where am I, but inside you


The beauty is in everyone
The source of everything is only one

This source is my beloved truly
I have sought you in every life nearly

Within me is my beloved
Also within the planets and stars that revolved

I am everywhere and so are you
This is said always, but known by few

You are me
and I am thee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fear

Why pray, do you fear?  Why do your limbs shudder?  Do you fear losing something or someone? Do you fear temporal and spatial se...