Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Eternal night


You do not know what you are
You know not your worth

Does the diamond know it's value?
Or the water in the oasis it's worth?

It is the Jeweller who craves for a beautiful diamond
And the traveller, the life giving waters of the Oasis

My craving for you is no different
I look everywhere for you leaving no stone unturned

I see the proof of your presence from a distance
For I see you glistening in the Sunlight

And yet now, bereft of your presence
It feels like an eternal night

No matter where I go, no matter what I do
You always seem to be just out of reach

There are, Only when you pass by brief moments of light
They are so bright they make me shut my eyes tight

And when I open my eyes again you have taken flight
I again grope in darkness searching for your light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fear

Why pray, do you fear?  Why do your limbs shudder?  Do you fear losing something or someone? Do you fear temporal and spatial se...