Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The crowded street

I saw you in this crowded street
The darkness was driven away by your divine light

I walk this street everyday
But I return home without your glimpse

I spend hours everyday loitering in this street
But only to return home without your divine sight

I come to the street where you live
I wait there in that crowded street

I call out to you but I hear no response
I write things on the wall opposite to your window

Yet very rarely do I see you in this crowded street
Very rarely do we really meet

And when I see you in this street
I run to another one in fright

Then I come back only to find
The street bereft of your beautiful presence

It appears as thought I am prepared
To spend an eternity in the street where you live

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fear

Why pray, do you fear?  Why do your limbs shudder?  Do you fear losing something or someone? Do you fear temporal and spatial se...