Monday, August 2, 2010

Falcon


I was perched on the tree very still
Until you flew past me in the night sky

Like a shooting star in the night sky
And I stood transfixed for all of a sudden

There was only your beautiful form
Unaware was I of the tree,my body or my self

My robes were colorless,
You painted them with your color

My love for you makes me soar
Like a falcon in the sky of your longing

The fair wind of the memories of your beauty
Pushes me onward towards your city

Your city is an impregnable fortress
Your soldiers try to drive me away

By showering the sky with arrows
Hurt I go back to the woods and

Nurse my wounds, only to see your
Beautiful form streak across the sky again

And I forget the wounds, the body and myself
All that remains is but your beauty

And I again take off, unaware of
Sun,rain or wind, I reach near your city

I try to reach you city again and again
I find the doors of your palace closed every time

The day you open the windows of your palace
I will enter inside never to come out

For their remains not me, nor
The palace nor the woods

But then there exists only you
In you presence I forget all and myself

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fear

Why pray, do you fear?  Why do your limbs shudder?  Do you fear losing something or someone? Do you fear temporal and spatial se...