Sunday, September 12, 2010

So far and yet so near

So far are you and yet so near
What makes you such a dear?

I was quite calm and placid
You presence stirred a storm wild

I hid with my eyes closed
Until your storm had passed

In me a feeling new it left
A deep longing was I of your presence bereft

I decided to go in your quest
Many dangers were there I was forewarned

And yet I continue to tread in the forest
Sleepless, without hunger and thirst

However it seems a journey endless
How I wish it was painless

Barefoot I walk on thorns of disappointment
However, towards you I never feel resentment

Sometimes I get tired and sit down to rest
But the sweet breeze of your presence comes to haunt

And onwards towards your palace I continue
I seek it in all places old and new

Only to find it inside my chest
And you enthroned in my heart

2 comments:

Fear

Why pray, do you fear?  Why do your limbs shudder?  Do you fear losing something or someone? Do you fear temporal and spatial se...