Friday, October 30, 2020

Hemlock!

 


I must have committed some heinous crimes

In my past births, verily to suffer thus!


I must have done something bad to you in some lives past

To ensure that you came into my life to make me repent!


Time and again have I groveled at your feet

With the hope that my heart is not shattered into a thousand pieces


But now I had enough of being servile! 

What has to happen must happen!


Like Socrates of Athens before me,

I gladly welcome the hemlock of your tortures


I have become numb to the countless poison darts

That you have kept firing at me mercilessly


I hereby declare that I am a lost soul

Seeking my true destination. 


I have also realized that this is a lonely battle

There is only one seat reserved at Odin's feast in Valhalla!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fear

Why pray, do you fear?  Why do your limbs shudder?  Do you fear losing something or someone? Do you fear temporal and spatial se...