Saturday, September 3, 2016

Sleep

Every time the cruel world gave me the cold shoulder
You were there to soothe me into deep rest

Every time I ended up getting hurt with an injury
You were there to numb my pain away

How many times have I cried myself hoarse
Until my mother's caressing arms took me to your doorstep

The rich or the poor are not to be distinguished
By your all encompassing power their worries are extinguished

They say the ones you love can hurt you the most
By their mere words and looking the other way

These are wounds that are most difficult to heal
Although this cross everyone needs to bear

When I am most hurt and seek your help
Why do you elude me and go away

I am a prisoner in the clutches of a cruel task master
One who took the heart I offered and stomped all over it!

Let me for a moment leave my burden by the roadside
And lying under the neem tree with the fakir's feet as my pillows

Let me dream the dreams of Universal love
Under the starry gaze of my loving Fakir

The world oh fakir has crushed my dreams and broken my heart
You and you alone can mend this and give me eternal rest

Fakir, I seek nothing but your company now
Let me sleep peacefully at your lotus feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fear

Why pray, do you fear?  Why do your limbs shudder?  Do you fear losing something or someone? Do you fear temporal and spatial se...