Saturday, September 3, 2016

Paradise from afar

What seemed to be lush and green from afar
Turned out to be bleak and dull from near by

What seemed soothing and warm from a distance
Turned out to be cruel and cold from near by

Dullard that I am I left the shelter of the fakir and parents
To seek greener pastures in your heartless city

I built a massive palace in my heart to make it our home
You broke my heart and made it the final resting place of love

I gave you my time, love and life, hoping to be loved
All I got was insults, curses and humiliations

The fakir had made me a king and lord of my dominion
You made me a pauper begging for love at your doorstep

I came to your city full of businessmen seeking your loving embrace
All I got in return was kicks, heart breaks and disgrace

I turn towards the fakir and ask him why did you let this happen
The fakir just smiles, asks me to forget all this and return to his feet

What seemed Paradise from afar
Turned out to be hell from near!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fear

Why pray, do you fear?  Why do your limbs shudder?  Do you fear losing something or someone? Do you fear temporal and spatial se...