Monday, November 9, 2015

Weathering the storm!

You danced in my heart when the flowers bloomed
The skies smiled down at us and the sun rays mellowed

In this fair weather you showered me with your love
And your cuddling and love filled my treasure trove

Seasons came and went and the skies became cloudy
Not all the time can one expect fair weather in this world

A massive thunderstorm lashed at our cottage of love
Against the forces of nature I struggled to stay adrift

My coffers of love were crushed in the storm
And I came to your blessed presence for comfort

Unfortunately you have to bear the brunt of the storm with me
The flowers and the cool breeze seem like a distant dream

When I crave for your love the most, you tell me you need a break
You try to set me right like a machine devoid of any emotion

And it leaves me wondering, had the storm lashed on your palace
Would I have uttered the same words and gone away in a huff

We come alone and we go alone in this world  that is the truth
We have others around us only when there is fair weather

The 'beloved' is but an illusion of the foolish inebriated mind
One has to weather the storm all by oneself!

1 comment:

Fear

Why pray, do you fear?  Why do your limbs shudder?  Do you fear losing something or someone? Do you fear temporal and spatial se...