Monday, August 17, 2015

Freedom

As the gong struck 12 on that fateful day
There was rejoicing everywhere

For freedom was won from a tyrranical opressor
And a nation as old as time heaved a sigh of relief

And yet now as I look back and contemplate
I realize what it must be like to be without freedom

The unrequited love of a bleeding heart
Seems not to make the beloved symphathetic

Trapped in the prison of longing I know not where freedom lies
Looked upon with rancour is the intoxicated state of all lovers

I ask the beloved again and again to not ignore my presence
But all I get in return is cynicism laced with painful silence

Grieving, wounded and tortured in the fire of longing
I crave for the eternal freedom from earthly pleasures

In the prison of earthly attachments for my beloved, I stand waiting
To be released into the freedom of eternal bliss  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fear

Why pray, do you fear?  Why do your limbs shudder?  Do you fear losing something or someone? Do you fear temporal and spatial se...