Monday, July 29, 2013

Dara Shukoh

Amongst the Ahmad Sirhindis
I chose Mian Mir as my Murid

Amongst the Aurangzebs,Shujas and Murads
I chose to be the lone Dara Shukoh

Amongst the Swords and muskets of steel
I chose the ancient knowledge present in the scriptures

When everyone inscribed your name in Arabic
I chose to wear a ring with "Prabhu" inscribed on it

Amongst the many believers
I chose to be the Heretic

Amongst those counting rosary beads
I chose to seek the beloved through knowledge

Amongst the many who chose conversion and prosecution   
I chose peace and unification

Amongst the many who read prayers with hatred inside
I chose to read the Upanishads and let them in my heart reside

Amongst the many who ran aground on the rocky shores of Ego
I chose to drown where 2 great oceans merged!

-- Dedicated to a great human being and a true man of God - Dara Shukah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fear

Why pray, do you fear?  Why do your limbs shudder?  Do you fear losing something or someone? Do you fear temporal and spatial se...