Sunday, April 29, 2012

Some Call Me!

Some call me a murid
Others call me a bhaktha

Some claim I am a dervesh
Others call me a devotee

Some call me the lover
Drunk in the wine of your love

The grocers call me a madman
Running hither and tither seeking you

The merchants try to show me their wares
That I am disinterested has caught them unawares

Intoxicated I dance near your court
As the sweet scent of your divinity permeates my being

Some call you murshid
Some others call you Guru

Some call you the Qutub
While others call you God

Some call you the beloved
To them you are the world

Some called you a fakir
Others called you Awaliya or pir

Some called you as their mother or mai
Some others beckoned you as welcome Sai

Some call you Allah
Some others call you Ram

Both the beloved and I know
The truth in all the statements above

Rumi found you in Shams of Tabriz
Namadeva found you in Pandharpura with ease

In the stillness of the starry night
In the earth below and the heavens above

As the ever alert lover beholds you
The beloveds divine presence comes into view

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fear

Why pray, do you fear?  Why do your limbs shudder?  Do you fear losing something or someone? Do you fear temporal and spatial se...