Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hopes and Dreams


Life gives me hopes and dreams that
rise higher than the highest waves in the sea

Only to come dashing down on the
Rocks and boulders of reality

Parched I move around in the desert of life
Time and again I see many an Oasis

Many a streams appear with crystal clear water
Only when I near them do they turn out to be mirages

I seek the beloved with unbounded love
With selfless and untiring efforts

Only to find the beloved in dreams and visions
But in reality always ever so distant

To expiate what sins am I burning thus
In a fire that never seems to die

Pains and tortures that wreck the body
And trouble the soul appear to be never ending

There is no balm to heal this pain
In this gamble there is never any gain

And yet I continue treading this path
Slowly wearing my body and soul


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fear

Why pray, do you fear?  Why do your limbs shudder?  Do you fear losing something or someone? Do you fear temporal and spatial se...